As the year 2010 comes to an end, I have been doing some thinking about how much I have grown over the past year. I have also been thinking about what I have studied in the Bible and the books I have read for spiritual growth.
What are you doing in your life to stay spiritually fed? When was the last time that you took a spiritual inventory of your life? Are the things that I am doing line up with the word of God? Do you have an accountability partner, you know someone to help you stay in check. These are important questions that should be asked on a regular basis, but you also need to be completely honest with yourself when you ask them. If are not honest you will only be hurting yourself. Besides if you think about God already knows the answers to those questions anyway, so why not be honest.
Here are some ways to help you stay spiritually fed:
1. Develop a prayer life.
2. Develop a personal relationship with God by reading His word. Try reading the book of Proverb. You can read one a day.
3. Be a doer of the word, by becoming more Christ like through the word.
4. Be an active member of a local body of believers. Yes, I did say active, serve, do not just attend and sit on the sidelines. Get involved with a department and make a difference.
5. Read other books that will help your spiritual growth.
6. Give your tithe and offering, be a cheerful giver.
7. Worship, turn on the praise music and get into God’s
So with this year coming to a close what are you going to do in 2011 to draw closer to God. Here are some ideas to help get started:
1. Make a list of topics to study in the Bible.
2. Make a list of spiritual growth books you want to read.
3. Buy spiral index cards and commit to scriptural memorization
Just a thought, if we are consistent with our walk with God, regardless of the ups and downs or whatever may be thrown our way we will be able to overcome. Remember when we draw near to God then God draws near to us.
Have a blessed and wonderful New Year.